Faithful Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Faithful Destiny

A forum for our Fuzzy Wuzzy linkshell ^^,

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dee (Doot)
The Fuzz of the Fuzz (or is it?)
Dee (Doot)

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-12-22

The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] Empty
PostSubject: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 9:18 am

Hello chaps and chappettes.

I would like to propose a Linkshell Event. It's a silly idea for a bit of fun that I've had floating around my head for about a year now. I've decided to call it The Grand Chocobo Racing And Present-Passing Run! \(^_^)/

When:

The event will take place on Friday 18th January, commencing at 10pm EST (this time may change). [Edited time]
How it will work:

~All Participants in The Grand CRAPP Run gather in South San d'Oria on the ramp leading up to the North San d'Oria zoneline.
~Upon my signal, Participants then need to make their way to La Theine Plateau and search for 3 players, known as POOs (Present-Offering Officials). These POOs will be hanging out in the bottom of the various valleys scattered around the zone.
~Upon finding a POO, the Participant will need to emote to them (any emote will do.. /wave, /poke/, even /slap if you're a nasty git).
~The POO will then open a trade transaction with the Participant.
~The POO will now hand over a present.
~Repeat this two more times with the two other POOs.
~Once a Participant has recieved three POO presents, they need to then make their way to Jeuno and up to the Grand Duchy's Palace in Ru'Lude Gardens.
~I shall be sat eating a cheese pizza somewhere in this building.
~Upon finding me, the Participant should then emote something to me).
~I will then open trade and the Participant will hand over the three POO presents as confirmation of the task in La Theine Plateau.

~The first Participant to do so will be declared The Grand CRAPP Run Champion!

Notes:
~This event has a lvl40 cap, so please do not arrive on a job that's 40+.
~The POOs do not need to remain stationary within their valley, though they must remain within it for the duration of the event.
~The POOs are free to use Invisible/Prism Powders if they should wish to do so.
~It is possible that more than one Participant might locate a POO at roughly the same time. In this instance, the POO will open trade transactions in the same order that they see the Participants' emotes performed in their chatbox. This applies to the final trade in Ru'Lude Gardens also.
~Participants should remember that you have 30 minutes riding time on a Chocobo. Participants may use the Choco Vendor at the Crag Of Holla to replace their ride as they see fit.
~No Chocobo Riding Gear is allowed. The use of this equipment will result in disqualification. Don't be a turd.
~The Grand CRAPP Run is open to all FaithfulDestiny fuzzheads. Linkshell should remain equipped throughout the event. Both helpful and false information between Participants within /linkshell chat is allowed.
~Myself and the three POOs will be in both /linkshell and /party chat for the duration of the event.
~The abuse of Warp was mentioned in LS. To be honest that never even occurred to me. I wouldn't expect anyone to be such a cheating bastard as to actually set HP in Jeuno and then use this dirty trick, but it should at least be mentioned in the Rules. No warping/KOing yourself! Or I will quite possibly DIE from the shame that I know you. [Added]

The Prize
The Grand CRAPP Run Champion will recieve 100,000g. (This will sadly have to wait until Feb 9th.)

And there it is^^

Two last things:

~All Participants obviously need to obtain their Chocobo License prior to the event. It is also advisable for Participants to ride on a lvl20+ character to maximise your riding time.
~I am going to need 3 POOs for this to work. I understand that this means you can't take part in the event yourself and will give up a chance at the 100k. But still, any volunteers?

Hopefully this'll be a dumb bit of fun. cheers

Dee.x

Last edited by on Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
charlychan
The now fuzzy-newbie
The now fuzzy-newbie
charlychan

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptyThu Jan 03, 2008 11:48 am

oh o h o h !!!

would it not be more fun if the POOs could be stationed in sandy, and the contest start at the crag of holla, but with the destination remaining j-town? the POOs would be able to move around easier, hide better, and confuse the locals more. also, maybe our POOs could be allowed to use sprint shoes?
and finally, is not the trip to or from anywhere not more fun on a level one job? Very Happy and..maybe the POOs should be whm or nin or dnc for ease of invisibility.
Back to top Go down
Dee (Doot)
Dee (Doot)

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptyThu Jan 03, 2008 12:16 pm

Hmm, I see where you're coming from, but I don't want the POO-hunt to be too difficult. I'd like the event to be fairly direct without frustration. Searching for an invisible player in Sandy... well that might get frustrating you have to admit. Having them scattered around the valleys at least allows the Participants to be thorough and feel like they are relatively to safe to abandon a valley if they do not find anyone there. Nice idea, but I worry it might turn a frantic race into more of a pants-like chore.

The level one thing is moot as it's important that the Participants use chocos - La Theine Plateau is simply too big to run around. I also like the idea that you're chocobo will kick you off after 30 minutes - potentially scuppering someone if they plan badly. Similarly in an ideal world, I would have all Participants arrive on a lvl20 job. This would give the 30 minute riding time but also mean that if you were booted from choco in Rolanberry say, you'd have to be careful about making your way to Jeuno. Sadly that's just too limiting. Lvl40 cap is realistic and inclusive in that everyone will have a single job between 20-40.

Oh and the POOs are free to do as they please, as noted. They can Invis up if they like or play nice. Tis totally their call. Razz
Back to top Go down
charlychan
The now fuzzy-newbie
The now fuzzy-newbie
charlychan

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptyThu Jan 03, 2008 12:24 pm

why don't you like me!
Back to top Go down
Dee (Doot)
Dee (Doot)

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptyThu Jan 03, 2008 12:28 pm

You don't have to agree with someone to like them.

And anyway.. I'm on a roll!
Back to top Go down
Avgustin
A really fuzzy fiend o' The Fuzz-Master

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptyThu Jan 03, 2008 12:50 pm

The level 1 idea sounded good to me for a moment, but then I realized how frustrating it would be racing around La Theine and tiptoing through Jugner and Batallia Downs as a level 1 character (though, at the same time, you might argue that it would make the event more challenging).

I think placing the POOs in San d'Oria could still work, but the exclusion of chocobos in town by default could also be frustrating.

In the end, I think Doot's concept as originally conceived would probably work the best for everyone involved.

Then again, maybe Charlie's ideas would frustrate enough people into quitting that I would win with no contest? Yes?
Back to top Go down
Dee (Doot)
Dee (Doot)

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptyThu Jan 03, 2008 2:46 pm

The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] LTPguide

Use wisely.

(Apologies for handwriting.. >.> )
Back to top Go down
charlychan
The now fuzzy-newbie
The now fuzzy-newbie
charlychan

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptyThu Jan 03, 2008 2:54 pm

why can't i even be taken a little seriously, ever? i am quite aware the run to j-town is hell as a level 1, hahaa. and you don't need a chocobo, anyways, never mind in town .hide and seek, yo, it's easy + plus it's not a chore. it's an event. if you lose, you lose! there's a tenth of a million gil on the line! do i have to spell it out? let's do it my way! doot should be shot for drawing such an awesome comprehensive map!

edit: did you know? i do this irl too! i organized my household's first RFF, Royal Food Festival! it was a hit! (and few people got sick!) if eating could be incorporated into this, it would of course make everything much cooler!
Back to top Go down
Dee (Doot)
Dee (Doot)

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptyThu Jan 03, 2008 3:09 pm

Seriously, in all seriousness I am taking you serious Charly.

But this is a Choco-based event. Not a foot-based one. CRAPP, not FRAPP. Hence level 1 isn't an option. And I want the race to be a close-run thing if possible, hence the very specific and localised positions of the POOs in LTP. If the POOs were hidden in Sandy it would be possible to run around like a blue-arsed and not find anybody.

Plus.. I already dun madez teh map!

(For what it's worth, I think a level 1 Noob Run at some point in the future would be great. It's a proven event, unlike this made-up nonsense of mine. I just wanted to try an idea of me own Razz )
Back to top Go down
charlychan
The now fuzzy-newbie
The now fuzzy-newbie
charlychan

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptyThu Jan 03, 2008 3:40 pm

we can always have a new acronym! and you still get to be boss and probably official announcer, although we should have an awful lot of fireworks ready for either the start or finish line..

finally, the hardest part will be finding the three people, but that's fine.. it's not really hard to find someone if you simply look. i'd rather lurk sandy out then run half-arsed over la theine. chocobos are too easy! what wasted time, zooming this way and that, just to lose yr choco so you can trade, and then going back to jeuno.
Back to top Go down
Dee (Doot)
Dee (Doot)

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptyThu Jan 03, 2008 3:46 pm

You can trade on a choco! cheers

EDIT: I like the fireworks idea! I may well hand out a firework to everyone in Sandy, then they gotta let it go off when I shout GO!
Before they can peg it to the stables...

I LIKE!
Back to top Go down
charlychan
The now fuzzy-newbie
The now fuzzy-newbie
charlychan

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptyThu Jan 03, 2008 4:07 pm

i did not know you could trade on a chocobo. STILL. having all these random assed jobs running around. it's so unofficial, no?! we should all be wearing harvester shirts or something. ....i still hate riding a chocobo, it's all like, setting the straightest course ever. running really is more fun. in MY event, you would ride a chocobo to sandy, but from then on, it's all feet. i would gladly donate to the consolation prize bin, for those who get eaten.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptyThu Jan 03, 2008 4:08 pm

This is very slightly confusing to me x.x lol
Back to top Go down
Dee (Doot)
Dee (Doot)

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 8:09 pm

OK, I've altered the time from 9pm EST to 10pm EST to allow Shadowsong to get back from work.

I'm 2/3 on POOs. Need one more.. pig
Back to top Go down
Avgustin

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 1:04 pm

I'm too greedy and too broke to become a POO. I apologize.
Back to top Go down
Dee (Doot)
Dee (Doot)

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 6:41 am

It's cool, I'd rather as many people running the race as possible at the moment. Getting anxious the event may turn out to be something of a damp squib. Razz

I can maybe drag some non-LS friends into POOing if I must.
Back to top Go down
Dee (Doot)
Dee (Doot)

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 8:39 am

I wonder who won this in whichever parallel universe I didn't happen to be a clumsy bastard in.. o.o;

My parallel-money's on parallel-Sidi to have taken the parallel-prize.

Parallel-grats!
Back to top Go down
Avgustin

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 5:00 pm

In an infinite number of multiverses, I have not taken sabbatical, and, therefore, I won the Grand CRAPP Run.

In an infinite number of multiverses, I have not taken sabbatical, and, therefore, I lost the Grand CRAPP Run.

Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Dee (Doot)
Dee (Doot)

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 6:26 pm

Probably incorrect.

Even given an infinite number of multiverses, in all likelihood there'd still only be one (particularly weird universe) in which I wasn't a clumsy bastard and the race went ahead.

Sad but true.
Back to top Go down
Sidi
The Fuzz-Master
The Fuzz-Master
Sidi

Number of posts : 101

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 7:03 pm

You thought I won? With my uncanny ability to hit EVERY SINGLE TREE in my way?
Back to top Go down
https://fuzzywuzzy.forumotion.com
Dee (Doot)
Dee (Doot)

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 7:35 pm

Like I said, in this crazy fucked-up bizarre-o parallel universe where I wasn't a clumsy bastard, things are particularly weird.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]   The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Grand CRAPP Run! [POSTPONED][CUZ I SUCK]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Faithful Destiny :: Final Fantasy :: FFXI Lounge-
Jump to: