Faithful Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Faithful Destiny

A forum for our Fuzzy Wuzzy linkshell ^^,

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..

Go down 
+5
Civiline
Uni_Mana
Avgustin
charlychan
Dee (Doot)
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dee (Doot)
The Fuzz of the Fuzz (or is it?)
Dee (Doot)

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-12-22

Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. Empty
PostSubject: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 5:47 am

Hm. Um.. so err, yeah.

I'll post more on this at a later point once it's all sunk in... At the moment I'm still kinda just considering my options... Had a bit of a shitty morning... I use ellipsis' too much... Made a bit of a booboo after waking up...

I um, kinda spilt a pint of water over my xbox.

I think it *might* be a tad broked..

And yeah. Um. I'm not sure when Doot will be back on.

Fuck. bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 1:40 pm

Let me get this straight Doot you spilled water on your Xbox and it's not working?

Let me know the details
Back to top Go down
Dee (Doot)
Dee (Doot)

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 2:00 pm

Um. Details. Er.

Xbox was turned on. I had *just* logged into Doot this morning. I went to take a slurp of tasty tasty water. Instead of picking the glass up I just poked it with my fingertips. Because I'm a clumsy idiot of monumental proportions. The glass of water fell on the floor. 500 millilitres of cold merciless liquid escaped from the glass and went all splashy splashy. Some of this splashy splashy landed on my xbox. I froze and stared at the xbox for 10 seconds waiting for it to explode. It didn't. I quickly /shutdowned ffxi. This returned me to the xbox front screen dashboard. I was just in the process of turning the console off when I heard a muted fizz come from within the console. My monitor went black. I froze and stared at the xbox for 10 seconds waiting for it to explode. It didn't. I got off my bed to look at the front of the console. It had.. It had the three flashy red lights of doom. RROD. Console fatality. No FFXI. The xbox is now in the boiler cupboard drying out until tomorrow afternoon. Friday afternoon. I will try it then. But. RROD. That equals dead xbox. I'm pretty sure.

Fuck. bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 4:07 pm

Darn it Doot you should be careful at where you put your drinks at especially not close to the Xbox. lol (Thank god she never puts drinks near her xbox)

Well if you can't get it to work I hope i can see you soon.
Back to top Go down
charlychan
The now fuzzy-newbie
The now fuzzy-newbie
charlychan

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 6:20 pm

doot is just being dramatic and lost. i told him to put it in the holiest room of his house for 18 hours. his xbox will be fine. (on a towel on a shelf above the washer and dryer for best results)

anyways, we'll all download MSN if we have to. to keep him company.
Back to top Go down
Avgustin
A really fuzzy fiend o' The Fuzz-Master

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 10:51 pm

This is bad new indeed, sir.
Back to top Go down
Dee (Doot)
Dee (Doot)

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 8:57 pm

Well I placed the console in my Sacred Chapel for 24 hrs.

Aaaaand. It's broke.

I'm off the game for a while. study
Back to top Go down
Uni_Mana
Fuzzlett
Fuzzlett
Uni_Mana

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 5:06 am

But... but but.... I miss you
><
Now I gotta steal all your cookies!

<3
Back to top Go down
Civiline
Civiline

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 10:53 pm

Dammit doot plz come back ; ; lol
Back to top Go down
Dee (Doot)
Dee (Doot)

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 1:23 am

I'll be back.. dunno. I get paid on the 25th Jan. At that point I'll be able to either purchase a new GFX card for the laptop and the game, or a new Xbox. Not sure yet.

Been watching lots of Battlestar Galactica, playing FFVI on a SNES emulator, bugging Charly and Sidi on MSN/AIM and eating copious Cheeze Pizzorz.

Yesterday Charly drew a scarily fantastic Paint picture. This achieved the uncredible and, unexpectedly, actually managed to give my motivation-gland a tight squeeze. I ended up having a go at playing on Paint myself:

Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. Playtime

I call it 'half-assed wonky forest sprite #7'.
Back to top Go down
Avgustin

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 12:33 pm

This wonky forest sprite is really good. However, wtf are Cheeze Pizzorz?
Back to top Go down
JooJoo
Fuzzlett
Fuzzlett
JooJoo

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 5:55 pm

/Comfort-womfort Dooty-wooty Sad You could use my giant-wiant PC! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~quy
Civiline
Civiline

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 12:55 am

Doot I freaken miss you bro Sad
Back to top Go down
Dee (Doot)
Dee (Doot)

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 1:01 am

Miss you guys too. ._.

Payday on the 25th. Might be back then.
Back to top Go down
Civiline
Civiline

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 2:23 pm

You better before i come after you with a golf club Razz
Back to top Go down
Dee (Doot)
Dee (Doot)

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 12:09 pm

Hahahaaa... Oh wow.

Like.. I think I've got myself pretty summed up. I know my faults and all that, I know I'm clumsy and screw up sometimes. That's cool with me.

But I really surprised myself with this one.. drunken

So, after LOTS of deliberation, I finally decided in favour of going out today and buying a new Xbox. There aren't really many games on the console I'm interested in, but for some reason this was the only option that made sense - even though I know simply buying a new gfx card+FFXI on PC would be cheaper and achieve the same thing: ie. give me the option of playing the game.

Sooo I toddle into town. Buy the console, a few other bits. Have a bite to eat, pay a few bills and then catch a tram home (Xbox is bloody heavy!).

I get in and set everything up, then mess about on Live reactivating profiles and all that hoohah. I figure I'll set about the lengthy task of installing FFXI on the new HDD and realise I've no idea where the xbox FFXI game disc is. Spend 15 minutes turning the room upside down looking for it before sitting down and having a good hard think.

'Oh shit..'

So I grab the old, broken xbox. Plug it in again and see if the disk drawer works. Nope.

Hmm..

Cue 30+ minutes of me with a table knife, a philips screwdriver and a claw-hammer tearing layer after layer after layer of xbox to pieces, trying to get access to this goddamn game disk. The innards of this console is sooo fucking designed with the express sole purpose of making discs as hard to retrieve as humanly possible.. they must be. It's the only logical explanation. Vindictive MicroSoft bastards..

Anyway. After much levering, poking, ripping and frustrated stabbing, I managed to get my blood-stained fingers on the prize.

Unfortunately....

In the process of recovering it, I appear to have chipped away a part of the disc's edge. (I actually started to laugh at this point.) Popped it in the new console and, sure enough, 'Unplayable Disc'.

Hahahhaaaa... I'm so damn special.

Soooooo, yeah. Spent £350 today on a means to play FFXI. Then got home and killed the game disc.

I truly am a King among idiots.

Once again, I dunno when I'll be back on the game.
Back to top Go down
Civiline
Civiline

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 1:40 pm

Doot I swear that's a funny story lol, but you're so gonna be hit with my golf club if you don't come back soon i am tired of waiting for you to come back ; ;
Back to top Go down
CloudyObsession
CloudyObsession

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 5:16 pm

Can I use this story in my comedy routine? PLEASE?????

Anywho, if you had decided to get the gfx card update, all you had to do is get the 30 day free trial for $2. It comes with the full game AND 3/4 expansions (which you don't have to buy back after the trail) AND 30 days free. That's what I got. There's no sense in buying the actual game for the PC, it's a waste of money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cloudstrifefinalfantasy7
Avgustin

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 8:24 pm

Well, if you don't have a PlayOnline ID set up already, buying the full game isn't a waste of money. If you buy the starter pack and then decide you actually want to play the expansions, you'll have to pay thirty-five dollars for the expansion keys directly from Square-Enix, whereas the Vana'diel Collection 2007 costs twenty dollars.

But, yeah, since Doot already has his Content IDs purchased, all he'd have to do is buy the starter pack. But then again, it costs a little more than two dollars in the UK.

Whatever the case may be, I believe the general consensus is that Doot return to the game however possible posthaste.
Back to top Go down
charlychan
The now fuzzy-newbie
The now fuzzy-newbie
charlychan

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 8:36 pm

i try to talk sense into doot daily, but he isn't having it.

get the putter.. i mean paddle.
Back to top Go down
Dee (Doot)
Dee (Doot)

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 8:44 pm

Dee (Doot) wrote:
but for some reason this was the only option that made sense -

I can't explain it any better than that. Putter or paddle.. now there's a tricky one.
Back to top Go down
CloudyObsession
CloudyObsession

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 9:31 pm

Really? It didn't make me buy the keys after mine ran out.
Back to top Go down
Avgustin

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 9:40 pm

But did you register the expansions? If not, then you're probably only playing the core game as of now.
Back to top Go down
CloudyObsession
CloudyObsession

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 11:17 pm

Yeah, demo came with the registration codes.
Back to top Go down
Avgustin

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 11:24 pm

For all three expansions? Because I bought the starter pack, too, but it only came with codes for the PlayOnline ID and the core game. I had to register the expansions separately and independently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..   Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Dee's Clumsy-Bastard skill rises 0.5 points..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Faithful Destiny :: Final Fantasy :: FFXI Lounge-
Jump to: